[Recipes] Ridiculously Delicious Food For Healthy People & Planet

Image by Maikki Vasala | Source: onegreenplanet.org

Tahini-Roasted Cauliflower With Lemony Herb Oil

A vegan meal that will be appreciated by all your family members and even friends.

This holiday season, surprise your loved ones with this mouth-watering 5-star meal. Easy to prepare. It requires about 90 minutes.

Ingredients

• 1 medium-sized cauliflower
  • A handful of toasted almonds

For the Baharat Spice Blend:

• 1 1/2 tablespoons black peppercorns
  • 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
  • 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
  • 5 cloves
  • 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon turmeric

For the Tahini Coating:

• 3 tablespoons tahini
  • juice from 1/2 lemon
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon baharat spice blend (see above)
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

For the Lemony Herb Oil:

• A bundle of parsley
  • A bundle of cilantro
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Juice from 1/2 lemon
  • Zest from 1/2 lemon
  • A pinch of salt

See the full preparation process on OneGreenPlanet.org

Don’t forget to let us know how it turned out for you. We would love to see some images.

Butternut Squash Curry

I loved this when I was out at a meeting and a Butternut Squash Curry was produced for lunch. It’s great as Butternut Squash’s may be stored throughout the year and then used when needed. We grow some of our own and then use them for risottos and curry’s when needed.

Ingredients

1 Butternut Squash 2 Onions 2 Cloves of garlic 5 Carrots 2 Tablespoons of olive oil 1 Tablespoon of Garam Masala

Method

Chop up the onion how you see fit (I go for cutting it into around 1 cm pieces), and finely chop the garlic.

Peel the Butternut Squash with a sharp small knife. This is tricky. I usually peel it from top to bottom. Chop in half - take out the seeds (and stored for planting). Then chop into chunks.

Peel the carrots and chop into chunks.

Use a large saucepan or if you’ve got it a caste iron baking dish. Place this on the heat and add the olive oil. Put in the onions and garlic and cook until transparent. Mix your chopped butternut squash and carrots with the garam masala in a big bowl, and then put this in and stir. Add two cups of water and let simmer for 40 minutes.

Eat straight away with some rice, and then store the rest and eat with bread - I’m finding it a very good lunch!