Calculate your environmental footprint with our awesome new environmental footprint calculator. Please share results

We have just created an awesome environmental footprint calculator. It is the first of it’s kind. It gives you outputs of:

• Carbon
  • Waste
  • Water
  • Land use

You’ll also get to see what you’ve saved - this could be a way for Better Century to determine it’s impact.

Would love it if you could trial it and share your results. You have the option to have an email with summary results so it’d be great if you could share and write up your experience.

It’s been quite a journey to get it together. I’m going to write up all my assumptions and then we can jointly improve it.

Have a think about who else you can share this with - the more people who do it the merrier and the better it becomes!

Click here to take to do the calculation!

1 Like

Linking these two topics

Here’s mine. I’m quite pleased as I have saved a decent amount of carbon, mostly from transport (1.3tCO2). There’s still a way to go to get to 4.5tCO2e by 2030 but thinking that an air source heat pump will make a big difference but it’s not in the calculation! :wink:

Also pleased about the land-use footprint reduced from reducing meat and diary consumption…

Carbon Footprint

6 tCO2e (2 tCO2e saved!)

Your Waste Footprint

98 KG (49 KG saved!)

Water Footprint

639 m3 (69 m3 saved!)

Land use Footprint

0.8 hectares (0.2 hectares saved!)

Hi. I’ve had a go at the calculator and it’s very simple to use. I probably do well because of the car, but also am pretty mean with my heating too! I liked the calculation for flying being in hours instead of miles, much easier for people to workout. I realized that the pledges I’ve made before will be making a difference to this too. I liked the email at the end, but it would be helpful to get a reminder of the pledges I made as I went through, advice already forgotten what they were…doh! Great work though, by far the easiest of the more comprehensive ones that I’ve done. Thankyou

Carbon Footprint

4 tCO2e (1 tCO2e saved!)

Your Waste Footprint

71 KG (12 KG saved!)

Water Footprint

432 m3 (1 m3 saved!)

Land use Footprint

1 hectares (0 hectares saved!)

​Got feedback or

1 Like