Please take from the IPCC report hope not despair - here's why

As the news of the IPCC report echoes through our news channels and consciousness, I want to remind people of the message of hope it brings.

We can transform our economy, people’s livelihoods, and health can be made better from the action we take on climate change. Nature can be restored at scale and we can live in an abundant world again.

To tackle this problem we must move beyond despair and anger about what hasn’t been done and embrace the amazing things we can do together now to make a better world. Their message of hope resonates so strongly with me as this is the only way of galvanizing action.

And as much as you don’t want to believe in mankind, now is the time to do it. We could lose Cambridgeshire and most of East Anglia by the end of the century due to sea level rises, or we can bring back nature into our lands at scale, restore our seas to be full of life, and be powered by the sun, wind, and ocean.

Let me tell you humans are good, we just have the wrong leaders. They convince us we’re bad so we don’t take action.

So please today don’t feel despair - feel hope. We can all do something amazing to make a better world and lead. That’s why I started Better Century 4 years ago to try and promote hope and belief in positive action. We can lead through our own lives.

I have learned a great deal but my greatest lesson thus far is from Thich Nhat Hanh - in order to promote peace and alleviate suffering, you must fist find peace in yourself.

So use this report to find your own peace with your own life in the actions you take and the way you live. And ask people for help - we are here and want to help you. And then help others.

Share my belief in making a better world by liking or sharing this post - or writing your own. Thanks!

1 Like