Habitat Man - using fiction to promote green solutions

Academics write articles about a sustainable future, but how many people read them? We commonly look to science to address the climate change crisis, but it is the arts and stories that fire imaginations and reach the wider audience.

As an offshoot of the free Green Stories writing competitions I run, I wrote my own book Habitat Man as a fun way to promote green solutions to a mainstream audience and it was published today and is available on Amazon and soon on other platforms and bookshops on request.

Do read it and if you like it write a review and buy it for Christmas for your friends and relatives as an entertaining way to engage people in solutions such as wildlife gardening, home composting, sharing economy, seasonal food, green funerals and others. Also I’m happy to be a guest on podcasts, radio etc. so do spread the word to anyone you know who can help to promote it. With COP26 it’s a topical book for book clubs and columnists.

I’m delighted by the great reviews from green activist, ex director of Friends of the Earth Jonathon Porritt: “Habitat Man is both great fun and a delightful reflection on the ways we live – and die! – at a time when more and more people are grappling with today’s environmental challenges.” Jonathon Porritt.

Also Prof Dave Goulson who write best sellers such as the Garden Jungle: How to Save the Planet through gardening wrote: “A tale of lust, gardening, love and compost: a hilarious page turner”

“Truly lyrical and a joy to read…. A natural storyteller” Mark Laggatt, author

“A charming romp that makes you think! Mid-life crisis meets environmental awareness in this rom-com for the 21st Century.” Michael Jecks, author

“Superbly written romance with a lovely touch of humour” Helen Baggott

3 Likes

Sounds brilliant - thanks for sharing! Will check it out.